Two outline planning applications have been submitted to Bolton Council to build 21 houses on the wooded area and paddock at Moss Lea.
Residents are asking for your support. They’d like you to write and email a personal objection to the planning department at Bolton Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the reasons you could use:
1. The loss of wildlife, fields and hedgerows. Under the UK Bio Diversity Action plan, councils have a duty to protect wildlife.
2. The loss of valuable, well used, recreational spaces for all ages.
3. Disruption or loss of bridleways and footpaths.
4. There will be vastly more traffic on he roads that at his time are not capable of taking that traffic and which are usually in a poor state of repair.
5. There will be a massive strain on the infrastructure, due to the over capacity, which will be put on schools, doctors.
6. Loss, on a large scale of food producing fields.
8. The pride of a longstanding community in our shared environment.
1. The amount of extra CO2 that will be produced by the 2nd most polluting form i.e. housing
2. Visual impact to the local area & loss of Village Spirit
3. The creation of urban sprawl – (the very thing that green belt land was intended to prevent).
4. Increased risk of flooding by destroying the natural drainage properties of the land.
5. The greed of house builders who have colluded with the Government to over inflate house demands so that shareholders pockets can be filled at the expense of the countryside.
6. Capital Funding Reductions / Increased Pupil Numbers
Proposed development will have a detrimental impact on both education provision and schools capital budgets, summarised as follows:
• a greater demand on school places – under fives, primary, secondary and special.
• more school building expansions/developments needed at a time when the public/ school finances face sharp cuts in funding over the next decade.
• reduced funding available for RMBC’s current school buildings, many in poor condition.
• detrimental impact on schools with low educational attainment levels.
Building on greenbelt will completely undermine the objective of protecting and enhancing the environment. In addition BMBC is also undermining and contradicting several of its objectives. We urge the council to consider ALL BROWNFIELD sites before building on Bolton’s greenbelt.